Like what you see? Comment, Follow, and Subscribe!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Let The Brewing Begin

Oh school - the more classes you've taken, the more doing well just comes down to going through the motions and taking the time.  Unfortunately, all of this fake learning has been keeping me from doing the stuff I really want to do.

I'm headed to Germany in two weeks, but I wanted to get one solid project going before I head out.  Fairly quick to set up with long wait times to product?  Brewing fits the bill perfectly.

I kind of feel like 'brewing' with store-bought malts is sort of a cop-out.  I'd rather go with something simple and straightforward, do it right (meaning without too much cheating), and expand upward as I get better at it.  There are many indications that mead was one of the first fermented beverages, even predating agriculture itself, so it seemed like the perfect place to start.

Setting everything up was very straightforward.
Follow this project's progress in my Brewing Notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment